I don’t know that I cared for this recipe very much. I am used to spicier sloppy joes and this made a very sweet rendition. I don’t think that I will make it this way again, but if I do I will ommitt a lot of the sugar, and add some spices. Don’t get me wrong though, it tasted good. It just did not taste like I wanted. A contributing factor was that I had to make my own ketchup replacement (still no tomatoes). We spread this over our Homemade bread and had baked potatoes on the side.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Place the turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, cook until evenly brown, and drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and mustard. Mix in the turkey. Cook, stirring often, 30 minutes.