For the past few weeks I have had quite a sweet tooth. Making cookies and treats like Ginger Snaps, Cobbler, and lots of smoothies! Getting kind of bored of those, I went in search of a new and exciting recipe. I can always trust that Karina over at Gluten Free Goddess will have something yummy that at least I can have! (She has been at it a lot longer than us 😉 ). Usually with a little tweaking here and there, we are able to make all of her recipes allergy free.
The weather has been really weird this year, last week we were in the high 80’s and dry, this week we are in the upper 50’s to low 60’s and wet. Not that I am complaining, I love the cold wet weather. But with it being wet and cold outside, I wanted some nice warm cookies and some Almond Milk!
The cookies came out good! Next time around I will be sure to sweeten the espresso more, because they came out a little bland.
A little rolling in powdered sugar solved that problem though!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sourgum flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup Shortening (soy & Dairy free)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Egg (Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- ¼ cup espresso- double strength, sweetened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line or oil a baking sheet.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Scoop the dough and form into balls slightly smaller than golf balls. (do not press)
- Bake on the center rack of oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
Adapted From : Gluten Free Goddess