Wanting to try something new, I went looking for a crock pot recipe that was easy and different. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this recipe and that it met both criteria. Landon loves it too, which is a big plus!
Easy allergy free crock pot chicken
Recipe type: Main
Easy slow cooker / crock pot chicken recipe with potatoes.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 pounds small white potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- Place thawed chicken in crock pot
- Add chopped potatoes
- Add chopped onion
- Sprinkle seasonings over all
- Pour melted butter (or oil) over all
- Toss mixture
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3½ to 4½ hours, or on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serves 4
This recipe was adapted from http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotchicken/r/r80320a.htm?p=1
I ended up placing a whole 3lb chicken bag into the crock pot, filling the rest with potatoes (approx 16 regular sized), and 2-3 onions for a 6qt pot.