After trying the other Mayo recipe, I did not have high hopes for this. To my surprise, it is almost an exact replica! It taste really good. I used a turkey baster to put the oil in the blender for what seemed like forever!
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup almond milk, divided
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 -2 teaspoons dry mustard powder (to taste)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
The Cooked Part
- Pour water and 1/4 cup of the cold almond milk into a small saucepan. Stir in cornstarch until dissolved. Cook over medium high heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 1/2 cup almond milk.
The Blending Process
- Pour cornstarch mixture into blender. Scrape sauce pan with spatula to get it all. Add all remaining ingredients except the oil. Blend until completely smooth.
- With blender running at high speed, drizzle oil into the mixture very slowly. Total time to incorporate oil should be about 2 minutes.
- Scrape mixture out into container with lid. Cool to room temperature uncovered to prevent condensation. Cover and refrigerate.
Recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of prepared mayonnaise and will keep in refrigerator for up to two weeks.