Edit: Today I made this a little different. I added more Rice Krispies (well, the off brand) and it turned out quite a bit better. I think that I will be adding even more next time. That will make it 3 cups, but 2 cups works!
1 Lb. ground beef
2 C. Rice Krispies
1 Tsp. salt
1/4 Tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. onion — finely chopped
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 C. catsup
1/8 Tsp. nutmeg
1 Tsp. dry mustard
- Combine ground beef, egg, Rice Krispies, salt, pepper and onion. Mix well.
- Mix together sugar, catsup, nutmeg and mustard.
- Add 1/2 of this sauce to ground beef mixture. Mix well.
- Put meat loaf into a pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over loaf and add a little water around sides of pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours.