Brownies anyone? With all of the mixes having either milk or wheat in them, we have not been able to have good brownies in a long time! Thanks to Denise’ efforts, we now have a workable recipe!
Like many of the other finds, the brownies didn’t last long … They were just too good.
- ⅓ cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, soy free
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- tsp. GF vanilla
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 1 cup GF flour blend
- tsp. baking powder
- tsp. xanthan gum
- tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚, lightly oil an 8”x 8” pan.
- Cream well with electric mixer: Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, soy free, Sugar, cocoa, vanilla.
- Add egg substitute
- Mix well with mixer and then add GF flour blend, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt Mix well with mixer. It will be very thick.
- Place in lightly oiled 8x8 baking pan. Press with spatula to flatten and take the shape of the pan.
- Bake at 350˚ for 25-30 min.
- Remove immediately, let ‘cool to doneness’, cut when completely cooled.