We’ve used our trusted fluffy pancake recipe for quite some time, and while it is wonderful, it does have a distinct flavor due to the gluten free flours. If you’re not liking that flavor try these banana pancakes. They’re WONDERFUL!
Gluten, Egg, Dairy Free Banana Pancakes
- 1¾ Cups Almond Milk (can use less or more for cake like or thinner pancakes)
- ¼ Cup Canola oil
- 2 T sugar
- 2 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Cups Sorghum Flour (I tried rice as a sub… it doesn’t work as well at all)
- ¾ Cup Tapioca flour
- ¾ Cup Corn Starch(or Potato Starch for a corn allergy)
- 1 t Xanthan Gum
- 1 T plus 1 t baking powder (a total of 4 t)
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- Mix milk, oil, flax-meal, sugar, vinegar, vanilla and mashed banana together and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add milk mixture.
- Fry about a ¼ cup of batter on skillet over medium heat, flip when sides become dry and several bubbles form on the top of the pancake.
- Cook a few more minutes, until done. This makes about 16 pancakes. They keep well in the fridge for up to a few days later. Enjoy!