Missing out on Cinnamon Raisin Bread? Miss out no more! This recipe is not only good, but it is free of Gluten, Milk (Dairy), Egg and Soy making it safe for all of us to eat!
Denise made a loaf of this for us and it didn’t last long… We ate it all… 😀
Landon has enjoyed several pieces of this delicious bread, but is unsure about the raisins.
- 1 heaping Tbsp. yeast
- 1 Tbsp. sugar (can use brown sugar)
- 1 c. almond milk or other milk (105* - 110*)
- 3 cups gluten free flour mix (see below)
- 3 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1tsp. salt 2 tsp. cinnamon 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs (OR 6 Tbsp. water and 3 Tbsp. ground flax seed, OR other egg equivalent)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. GF vanilla
- 1 Tblsp. GF molasses (room temperature)
- 1 cup raisins soaked in hot water
- Do NOT preheat oven. Lightly oil loaf pan.
- Warm the milk in a large (I use a 4 cup capacity) measuring cup then whisk in yeast and sugar. Let this mixture sit while you mix the rest of the ingredients û bubbles and foam will form if the yeast is good.
- Cover raisins with hot water in separate bowl and let soak to "plump" raisins.
- Prepare the egg substitute if needed.
- Combine the flour mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, xanthan gum and salt in large mixing bowl and mix well. (I use a standing mixer).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, & molasses.
- By this point the yeast mixture should be foamy, so you can pour the two liquid mixtures into the flour mixture. Blend the dough with a mixer on for 4 minutes. It will look more like a batter than dough.
- Drain the raisins and add to dough. Mix for a minute until raisins are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Pour the dough into a greased loaf pan using a rubber spatula to empty all dough into pan. Level and smooth top with spatula.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm area for about 1 hour.
- Place bread in cold oven. Bake at 350* degrees for 30 minutes. Cover with foil to prevent over browning, continue baking for about 35 more minutes, remove foil and bake 3-4 more minutes or until loaf is set and firm in center.
- Remove from oven - cool bread in pan 10 min. Remove to cooling rack, cool completely before slicing.
This post is shared here for Allergy Friendly Friday!